Want to Consign?
HERE IS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW!
We accept consignments from individuals, interior designers, model home builders and even other furniture and décor stores. With a very active social media presence, a popular weekly email and an online store, we get your items SEEN an SOLD!
We accept items on consignment for a period of 120 days and our consignors receive 50% of the selling price.
As a general rule, anything we accept must be current in style and in very good condition, i.e. you could buy a similar item from a furniture or décor store. We do not consign antiques or collectibles. Items are generally priced at 30-60% off of the original retail price, taking into account the brand, condition, and our in-depth experience. Brands that sell well for us include Pottery Barn, Ethan Allen, Pier One, HomeGoods, Wayfair, Crate & Barrel, Restoration Hardware and Ballard Designs. Send photos of items you would like to consign to firstname.lastname@example.org
What does Design Furniture Outlet & Consignment accept on consignment?
- Wooden furniture, including dining, bedroom, and accent furniture, must have no missing hardware, be in excellent working condition, and have only slight scratches or imperfections. While most styles we accept are current, occasionally we accept older items that are timeless such as Hollywood Regency and Chinese Chippendale styles. We accept ‘shabby chic’ and chalk-painted furniture, provided it is in good working condition. If in doubt, don’t hesitate to contact us!
- Upholstered items, such as sofas and chairs, must have no stains, rips, tears, odors, noticeable fading and must be from smoke-free and pet free homes; ie they will be in excellent condition.
- Decorative accessories, art, and lamps we accept include decorative bowls and objects, designer pillows, smaller picture frames, candlesticks, bookends, serving bowls and platters. Lamps must-have shades. Art must be current in nature and have no warping or frame issues. We do not accept large picture frames without art. Coastal and abstract art sells particularly well for us.
- We accept holiday decorations on a very limited basis, and only if their original retail value was over $50. We accept holiday items between November 15th and December 7th. Consignors must pick up any items that have not sold immediately after Christmas as we do not keep them for our customary 90-day contract prior.
- We accept patio furniture of all kinds provided that it is in very good condition.
- Modern furniture must be in "like new" condition, of quality construction, with minimal wear and tear and in a style of interest to a large number of people.
Sorry, we do not accept the following items:
- Antiques & collectibles, formal china, crystal or silver.
- Used mattress and box springs (not allowed by law).
- Most traditional furniture styles to include Queen Anne, Chippendale, American Colonial or Sheraton styles.
- Television armoires.
- Window treatments, bedding or rugs.
- Toys, juvenile furniture including cribs and bunk-beds, or juvenile art. We do accept changing tables from high-end retailers.
- Electronics or appliances of any kind
- Unframed art, faded prints, art with dated matting/framing
- Books or magazines
- Antique sewing machines, piano's
- Knock-down (self-assembled) or particle-board furniture
Want to get started?
Your items are typically placed on the sales floor immediately, so make sure to clean them thoroughly prior to consigning. A cleaning fee may be applied if substantial cleaning or touching up must be performed. We cannot always judge the condition from photographs and reserve the right to refuse items if they do not meet our quality criteria.